Curious about Amazon Prime Video? Try it out here.
Katawang Binalot sa Banig
(Las Navas, Samar)
Sumasabay sa pagbaba ng tubig ang mga bangka lulan ang mga bangkay na binalot sa banig.
Hindi maaring salubungin ng parada Ang agos ng tubig sa ilog Para sa ikatatahimik
Ng hihimlay nang mga kaluluwa.
(Muli mong mapapansin) Sinasagwan ng ilog ang mga Bangka Sakay ang mga katawang binalot sa banig Binilot ng yakap ng asawa’t mga anak.
Ang mga Taganabas ay nag aantanda, Naghihintay ng kura.
(Ika’y mag-antanda)Libby Notarte, 2004
Sa mabagal na batingaw ng kampana Maaring lumulutang ang mga bangkang Walang katig sa panaginip
Ng mga hindi namatayan.
Fair energy exchange applies in links inside this post. That means, as I hunt for the best products, Amazon pays me a small $ if you take my recommendation. For more details, my full affiliate disclosure can be found at the blog footer. /highfive!
In competition & exhibition
*filmmaker in attendance
- Oscars Category, 15th In the Palace International Short Film Festival, Balchik, Bulgaria (2018)*
- Luang Prabang Film Festival (2016)
- Winter Apricots: Prilep International Film Festival (Thematic Selection: Paths) (2018)
- Focus Philippinen, Festival International Signes de Nuit, Paris (2015)
- Silver Screen Awards, 26th Singapore International Film Festival (2015)*
- Sining Sine 3, UP Manila (2015)*
- 3rd Cinemalibre Film Club Screening, UP Diliman (2015)
- Cinema Rehiyon 7, Cebu City (2015) *
From the Jury
Watch full video here (Facebook)
Deathwish No-Film-Experience* Crew
*except for Arbi Barbarona
Gawad Urian (2016)
Filmmaker’s note (2020)
This film is in loving memory of one of our crew members, Lec Morantte. He was the protagonist in Anj’s first film, Gulong. He knows the dangerous trails of Wawa by heart. As a result, Anj requested him to act as the team’s guide from pre-prod to principal photography.
Ironically, he drowned in Wawa last August 2019.
Wawa is so timelessly poignant and deeply meaningful for the rest of us.
If that was too heavy for you, go give yourself some joy and explore my blog! You will find the latest posts below!
- Signs You Are Being Gaslighted and What to Do
- How to Say No and Set Boundaries in 5 Easy Ways
- What is the Practice of Mindfulness and Times You Are Actually Doing It
- Why Intention-Setting is Important and How To Do It
- How to Get to Sleep Easily: 5 Practical Tips to Nail It
- How to Heal the Broken Heart: 5 Effective Ways You May Have Missed